1. Privacy Act
2. How We Collect, Hold, Use and Disclose Personal Information
We may collect your personal information directly from you, or from third parties (such as AAL dealers, or market research companies acting on our behalf) that have collected it from you (with your consent). When collecting personal information, we will tell you why the information is being collected by us, the organisations to which we would disclose your information, and any consequences for you if you fail to provide any information we request.
2.2 Storage and Security
We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that your personal information is not misplaced or misused, and that unauthorised access to, or modification or disclosure of, your personal information does not occur. Security measures we employ include authorised user-only access to computer records (including password protection); internal procedures to protect physical documents; and regular monitoring and improvement of our practices and systems to ensure the effectiveness of our security policies. We will endeavour to destroy your personal information as soon as it is no longer required by us (as permitted by law).
2.3 Use and Disclosure
We will only use or disclose your personal information for the purpose for which we collected it, and for related purposes we consider will be within your reasonable expectations. We may disclose it to our Authorised Adaptalift Dealers, contractors and associated organisations in order to best respond to your information request, question or feedback, and may also use it to send you information about Hyster products and services. Adaptalift will not disclose this information to any other parties. AAL will seek your consent prior to using or disclosing your personal information for another purpose, unless we are required or permitted by law to do so without seeking your permission.
3. Access to Personal Information
You may contact AAL to request access to your personal information held. You will be required to verify your identity before we will allow you to access your personal information, for the protection of your privacy and the privacy of other individuals whose personal information we hold. We may refuse to allow you to access your personal information if we are legally required or entitled to do so. We may require you to pay a fee in order to access your personal information held by us. We will advise the amount of the fee payable (if any) once we have assessed your application for access. Any application for access to personal information will not incur a fee. If you lodge an application for access, we may discuss with you options for providing you with access to your information such as, for example, supplying you with a hard copy of your personal information. If you establish that any personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will amend our records accordingly. Please notify us if our records need to be updated. If we provide you with the means of informing us of changes to your personal information (such as by return forms sent to you by post, email or tear-out pages in your Owner’s Manual), we encourage you to use these means to assist us to maintain accurate records of your information.
4. Kinds of Personal Information We Hold
The personal information about you we may hold includes your name and address, contact telephone number(s) and/or email address(es). We may also hold information about any products or services you acquire from us or our dealers, any warranty claims made in connection with those products or services, and any other personal information that you provide to us.
5. Activities for Which Personal Information is Held
AAL holds personal information so that we may:
- Administer any warranty provided to you in relation to any products or services you acquire from us or our dealers;
- Provide you with certain product & services, such as, ForkTrack, Forklift Driver Training and our Service program;
- Contact you to ask about your experiences with, or impressions of, our products or services (such as during the Customer
- Satisfaction Survey we conduct shortly after you purchase a Forklift for AAL);
- Contact you in the event of a voluntary or compulsory product recall, or if we wish to offer upgrades or modifications to products or services that you have acquired from us;
- Contact you from time to time to advise you of new products, promotional offers, or services offered by us or our dealers that we consider may interest you; conduct market research or monitor product demand (although where possible we will use “de-identified” information that does not refer to particular individuals when conducting these activities); or you about other matters relating to products or services that you have acquired from us or our dealers.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information to Other Organisations
We may discuss your personal information to:
- Adaptalift dealers for certain purposes, for example, handling a warranty claim;
- Our authorised agents that provide administrative or promotional services to us (for example, mail processing businesses, printers, or market research companies). We enter into contractual agreements with these organisations to ensure that information we disclose is used only for the limited purposes for which we have provided it; and public authorities, as required by law.
7. Online Privacy
7.1 Automatic Server Logs
Our web site server automatically collects various items of information when you use our web site. Such information may include the type of Internet browser software you are using to access our web site.When you visit our web site it may store “cookies” on your computer. The purpose of “cookies” is to avoid the need for you to re-enter certain information when you next visit our web site. The settings in your Internet browser software can be adjusted to prevent cookies being stored on your computer, if required. However, some of the features of our web site may then be lost.Although, in some circumstances, it may be possible to identify you from the information we collect, we do not attempt to do so, and only use this information for statistical analysis, system administration, and similar related purposes.
7.2 Email and Message Forms
We may collect personal information from you (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address, and any other information you volunteer) if you send us an email or if you submit information to us using a message or brochure request form. We will use this information to contact you to respond to your message, to send you information that you request, and for other related purposes we consider are within your reasonable expectations. We will not use or disclose any such information for any other purpose without your consent.
7.3 Storage and Transmission of Personal Information Online
If you provide any personal information to us via our online services (including email) or if we provide such information to you by such means, the privacy, security and integrity of this information cannot be guaranteed during its transmission unless we have indicated to you beforehand that a particular transaction or transmission of information will be protected (for example, by encryption).
7.4 Other Online Services
If you have a complaint about the way in which we have handled your personal information we encourage you to contact AAL to discuss your concerns.
10. Further Information
You may contact AAL if you require further information about the way we manage your personal information.
11. Contact Information
You may contact our Privacy Officer:
1574 Centre Road
Springvale Vic 3171